Meet iOptics, a Hounslow-based clinic providing full coverage throughout West London including the local suburb of Heston. We are fully qualified opticians with DVLA approval so if you’re in need of an eye test to help you qualify for, or retain, a driving license, we can provide a convenient appointment time. Our qualified opticians and technicians also perform full NHS screening services for adults and children in the surrounding Heston area.
A regular eye test is an important requirement in helping our clients retain clear and comfortable vision. Examinations can also help us identify other medical conditions. Every eye test that we conduct for clients in Heston varies slightly because different people require different examinations. A typical eye test from our optometrists will usually include some of the following steps:
1. You’ll be welcomed to our clinic and asked a few questions to ensure all information about your eyes and vision are up to date. We advise all clients in the Heston and Hounslow areas to remove contact lenses on arrival.
2. An optometrist or a technician will blow light puffs of air into your eyes in advance of the eye test to gain a pressure measurement. This can help us to identify the onset of medical conditions such glaucoma.
3. Our opticians will use specialist equipment, such as an autorefractor, to see how well your eyes focus. The results help us to make a more accurate prescription after the test.
4. We may also use other equipment, including retinoscopes, ophthalmoscopes and visual field screeners, to analyse the condition of your eyes.
5. We’ll discuss your lifestyle, work and family health to create a more detailed picture of your vision needs.
6. Our opticians will make recommendations on the best glasses or contact lenses for improving your day-to-day vision.
Clients in Heston can opt from a full range of designer frames from our own in-store collection. We also stock designer sunglasses from big-name fashion brands including Versace, Prada and Dolce & Gabanna. Our designer sunglasses come in an exciting range of styles including the latest summer lines.